Friday, April 17, 2009

Our First

Tuesday night Shel played her first softball game. She was so nervous before the game that she didn't even want to go. In fact there were a few times that she begged me to let her quit. Uh.. no...we don't quit something in the middle. We finish things out to the very end. After the game she was all smiles and was glad I didn't allow her to quit. She has now fallen in love with the game. Here are a few pictures.....

we chose #6 because that was her pageant number


practicing before the game






playing 2nd base


check out that expensive.... I mean awesome airbrushed batter's helmet



she struck out but she sure was cute doing it



pondering what just happened



excited that they won the game





and here she is telling me I've taken enough pictures


She enjoyed herself and gets better and better every week. She gets really nervous when it comes time to bat. She's a good hitter. She's just got to loose the nerves. All I ask from her is that she makes sure she's enjoying the game. We are supposed to play in a tournament this weekend but from the looks of the weather forecast we're probably going to get rained out. But that's okay!
My baby will be 9 yrs. old tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. She has gotten so big. I love her more and more everyday. She's now at the age where she's getting a strong personality and she's a lot of fun. I enjoy hanging out with her. Happy Birthday sis!

1 comment: