Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Benefits

A few weeks ago I wrote a post that was titled "On a Personal Note" and I wrote about the dreaded topic of divorce. I have personally been affected by it and it wasn't because I wanted to be. I truly didn't know how to survive. Today I want to tell you the benefits of divorce. I know the word benefits probably isn't the best choice of words but when you've been through it you tend to look at things in a whole new light and in a whole new aspect.

If I hadn't gone through a divorce I would not have these things:

* a stable life
* a lot of compassion toward other people
* an understanding of what it's like to have NOTHING!!
* an understanding of what it's like to know that God is with me, walking right beside me all the time. He will ALWAYS be with me.
* an understanding that God is the same today as He was yesterday and tomorrow. No matter what injustice comes my way.
* a true understanding of God's endless grace
* an amazing husband who understands me and loves me unconditionally and makes me smile even when I'm not with him
* a wonderful father figure who acts like a father instead of playing all the time
* a man whose not afraid to be head of the house
* great in-laws
* wonderful neighbors
* horses
* cows
* baby calves
* a dirt road
* lots of land
* a beautiful new home
* a best friend that I get to see everyday when I get home
* a child that has learned it's okay for other people to care for her
* a child that has literally done a 180
* a child that isn't shy anymore
* a child that loves to be outside and having fun
* a child that has learned to have compassion for others
* a child that is learning the true meaning of marriage
* a child that is loved by so many more people now
* a child that has a softened heart
* a child that is happy
* a child that doesn't worry 24/7
* new friends
* a new church
* a new school
* a community that I love
* a family that I can call mine forever and ever

So overall I can say thank you to that ex who ultimately gave all these things to me.
And I never thought I'd survive. Ha! I even fooled myself.
my 2 most favorite people

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great post! Thank you for sharing those wonderful things! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete