Sunday, March 15, 2009

Most Photogenic and 1st Runner Up

She did it!! I was afraid when we left dress rehearsal Friday night that she was going to cry when she got on stage and beg me not to do it. As the pageant got closer and closer the more scared she got and had totally lost all confidence. But Saturday night when it was her turn to walk the runaway she shined like a true star. She was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You could not tell that she was terrified and completely sick to her stomach. When the MC started announcing winners I could not breathe. I think the more I sat there the more nervous I got. The first award given was Most Photogenic and well...... we won! Then they announced 2nd runner up and we didn't get that. Then it was first runner up and they announced #6 - Shelby Smith. I was the proudest mommy there! I could not believe it. I mean she was by far the most beautiful there was. But I am a little prejudice. Okay, alot prejudice. When the whole thing was said and done she then started thinking about the other girls who didn't win anything and she got sad. I am telling you there's probably not another winning contestant in this world that has thought about the girls not winning. She is more beautiful on the inside than she is on the out. And well just look at her. Could she really get any more prettier? She earned her title. Needless to say I am the proud mother of 1st runner up Miss Petite DeKalb 2009.

Before the interview





Getting ready for the pageant


she was very scared





All of my pictures were blurry and dark. But there were so many of Shelby's fans there surely someone got some good pictures. I will post more if I get some.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who came to support Shelby. It really meant a lot to her and to me and Aaron. Thank you to Judi for helping us get ready and cleaning my house. You're the best friend a girl could have. Thanks mom and dad for bringing dinner for everyone and entertaining while we were getting ready. Also, for buying everyone's ticket. And for being such great supporters of Shelby. We love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. well finally...i've been waiting on this post!!!

    Proud Auntie of the "Most Photogenic" gal in De Kalb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she didn't have to get spray tanned to be a winner!!!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY THERE!!!

    I know without a doubt that I was the proudest Nana there. To win most photogenic was as good as being the winner. 1st runner up was pretty awesome too.

    Congratulations, Shelby!

    ReplyDelete