Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shelby's Party

We had so much fun at the party. The girls arrived around 7 p.m. and we had a wiener roast, a hayride, opened presents and had cake. The girls had fun just playing without any planned activities. Around 2:30 a.m. I told the girls it was time to lay down and start thinking about rest. I told them they didn't have to go right to sleep but they had to be on their bed and quiet(er). At 3 a.m. the noise stopped and I thanked the great Lord. Saturday morning they were up and outside by 8:30a.m. The girls discovered the black tunnel and it was the hit of the party. I made pancakes for breakfast and let met tell you...those girls can eat. I never knew girls could eat so much. I always thought that was a boy thing. Anyway on to the pictures......



shel and tan man before the party




banner that auntie made

nana making the rainbow cake


auntie icing the cake

shel blowing out the candles


the inside of the rainbow cake


okay so it didn't turn out like the example picture BUT it still looked cool and the girls thought it rocked!


you would of thought she had won a million dollars....oh how i love the innocence of a child


some of the girls playing in the tunnel


all the girls

Shel had a very special guest at her party...unkle drove from Missouri to come to the party and to be with us for Easter. He is in warrant officer school for 4 more weeks. Poor Auntie!

Auntie and Shel


me, mom, auntie...it had been a long day!

Now that's it over I can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The only major problem we had is that we had a guest an hour and a half past pick up time Saturday. I got a phone call after pick up time asking if I could bring her home. (Well... uh...of course I can. I'm exhausted so I'll be right there.) But when we arrived at her house no one was there. It was very frustrating. We finally met up with the grandmother later in the day.
All the girls really enjoyed the party and were so sweet when they left to say thank-you for everything.

P.S. I didn't get one single picture of the cake balls. I can't believe that! Mom ended up making them for all the girls. Once she got started she realized it was going to be a little harder than she expected AND there were girls running everywhere so they cared less about doing it themselves.

P.S.S. Thanks to all our families who came to help us with the party. We couldn't have done it without your help!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, i was hoping you had pics of the cupcakes bites. oh well! it was fun!!! and very interesting!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete