Monday, April 20, 2009

9th Birthday


Well, my baby is officially 9! We had a fun weekend even though it poured down rain Saturday. We took Shel and one of her little friends to see "Hannah Montana: The Movie".

I caved in and got her a cell phone for her birthday. I know she's only 9. BUT she does go from our house to her dad's a lot. In fact she goes to her bio dads 2 nights a week. That's just too much time away without any means of instant communication with me. Sometimes issues arise and she needs me and has to ask her dad if she can use his phone and he doesn't let her. So this way she doesn't have to ask to call me. She can just grab her phone and get a hold of me. She has been asking for a very long time now if she could have a phone. Aaron and I both were totally against because she is so young. It has now been brought to my attention that she is one of the few in her class that doesn't have a cell phone. Really? When did children start getting cell phones?? I know I was a little... ok... a lot later than most on getting one but I was 24 before I got a phone.

She was estatic when she opened it!!

It was like Christmas morning at our house



She also got a pitchback net for softball. Her and our friends Clint and Wanda played with it all afternoon yesterday.

Clint and Wanda came over Saturday night and brought her a gift: a pink fishing pole and a bag of softballs.


Shel and Clint - he's crazy about her


Shel and Aaron clowning Saturday afternoon at lunch with Mimi and Poppy
singing "Happy Birthday"

opening presents from Mimi and Poppy


she got a water gun
whoo-hoo!




posing for the camera


She had a big day. The birthday girl was pooped! (Check out those lips! )

The next party I will be hosting is a baby shower for Wanda. She is due July4th and we will have a shower at my house the first Sunday in June. I am desperatly looking for ideas. Her baby's room is decorated in a fireman theme(Clint is also a volunteer fireman). I don't really want to do a fireman shower. I'd like to use some of the colors but I am not sure exactly how to decorate. Any ideas?? I need help. Auntie will make a banner with his name on it like she did with this one for another friend.

Isn't it cute? She put his monogram on the ends of it. I just love it. It's brown and blue like the colors they will be using at the shower.
My only dilemma on Wanda's shower is that I don't want it to look like July 4th if I were to use the colors in the baby's room. Or should I do a July 4th themed shower? Help!!

Don't forget if you want a banner like the ones posted in the pictures contact my sister, Tiffany(a.k.a. Auntie) at tifflotz@bellsouth.net She would love to make you a banner.

1 comment:

  1. I would go with primary colors. Red, yellow, green and blue would be cute and not so fireman. You could accent with dump truck and firetrucks. Get a ladder truck and put a pic of the latest sonogram at the top. I can do a firetruck diaper cake if needed! HA

    ReplyDelete