Thursday, April 2, 2009

Auntie

My sister, Shelby's auntie, is a very girly, weird, obsessive, frilly, strange person. Shel's birthday is coming up on the 18th. Auntie decided she wanted Shel to have a garden (girly) party. Well my little darling tomboy (who yes was in a pageant -totally girly) just isn't into the whole garden themed birthday party. Last year she had her 1st sleepover and well.... it was crazy! We had already moved to DeKalb but was still going to school in T-town. We had 8 girls ride home with us on a Friday afternoon to spend the night. All of the girls parents knew me because I worked at the school and attended church where the school is. So there was no problem with the girls coming to our house that was 45 minutes away from their homes. Anyway the girls had a great (loud) time. We saddled up Lightnin' (Shel's pony that she had just gotten for her birthday), we had a wiener roast and a hayride. The girls thought it was the greatest thing. Remember they were from the city and it wasn't a normal everyday routine to come in contact with a horse or hay or a bonfire. So then it was time for bed. Lord help us!! One little girl decided she wanted to go home. Well her parents lived 45 mins. on the other side of T-town. By this time it had gotten close to being about 2a.m. Everyone was exhausted. Finally we talked the girl into just watching the movie and she eventually fell asleep. Thank you sweet Jesus! That was definitely divine intervention!!
So this year Shel had already decided she wanted to do the same as last year. Even though her country girlfriends are very familiar with horses and hay she still wanted to have horse rides, a hayride and a wiener roast. Then auntie called and starting discussing with me that she wanted to do a garden party for Shel's birthday this year. I had to break the news to her that she had already decided to do what she did last year. Auntie said she didn't care what Shel had decided that she wanted to do a garden party and that's what we were doing. See auntie doesn't have a little girl. So all of her motherly girly instincts are thrown off on Shel. Who is just quite the opposite but yet her auntie hasn't given up. She has a mission for Shel... to be a princess. Well it just aint gonna happen. Maybe when she hits puberty. Maybe then she will care what she looks like and won't like to play in the mud. Just maybe.
Auntie finally got the chance to discuss her plans with Shel last night. It didn't go quite as well as she'd hoped. She thought Shel would give in to her and she didn't. Shel just refused to even listen to her nonsense. I do have to say auntie had really cute ideas and I wish Shel would give it some thought. If I was a mean momma I would tell her we're doing it the way we want to. But I guess I can't do that if it's her party. Aaron told me that if me and auntie wanted a garden party so bad then we should have one for our own birthdays. So sister in June, on my 30th , we're gonna have a rockin garden party. Ha!
So instead of planning Shel's party, I'm secretly planning mine. No not really.



Shelby and Auntie

Notice that Shel is as big as auntie. Shel loves to get her hand me downs. Especially her shoes. But Shel has almost outgrown her. Poor auntie she can't help it! Just wish I had that problem!!
They have a really good relationship and Shel loves her some auntie!!

1 comment:

  1. oh i don't get mad i get even....and i will!!! I'm giving that little tomboy niece of mine the cutest smocked dress and BIG bow for her birthday...that will show her! Ha!!! And you tell A...well I'm a lady so i won't type it on here...I'll tell him in person!!!

    She makes me so mad....she has the rest of her life to have a cowgirl party!!!! UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

    Devastated Auntie

    ReplyDelete