Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Banners

We had a great time at Shel's birthday party. I plan to share all the details as soon as I get the pictures loaded. Just haven't had the time to do that yet.


This is a picture of the banner Auntie made for the party.

It turned out sooo cute. Shelby loved it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. She didn't let us take it down because she wants it up for her real birthday. Which happens to be this Saturday. She will be 9 yrs. old. WOW! How did that happen so fast? Anyway my sister has decided to start making banners as a hobby for a little extra money. It is quite time consuming to make these little guys. I just wouldn't have the patience. I guess that's why her house is going to be so cute during the season changes and mine won't. If you are interested in getting a banner for a baby shower (I will be hosting one in the next month and have already ordered one) a wedding shower, a birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Spring, Summer, Mother's Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, Father's Day, my birthday, July 4th, Back to School, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day you can email her at tifflotz@bellsouth.net
She does not charge very much at all. Mainly you will be paying her for the paper she uses. Auntie enjoys doing things like making banners or taking the picture above the red cabinet, wrapping it in paper, and adding letters and flowers to it. She did this 10 minutes before the party started. I thought she was kind of crazy while she was literally running around trying to get it done. But when the finished product was hung I was so glad she acted like a fool trying to get it finished.

In other news....my hair is a mess! I noticed in the Easter pictures that my hair is severely frizzy. Kelly at Kelly's Korner posted about her hair yesterday and I never thought about posting about my own hair UNTIL I saw all the Easter pictures and realized it was a serious problem for me. See I was on this medication that made my hair go from straight as a bored to curly in ONE night! I'm serious ya'll. It happened that fast.

It went from this




to this.....FAST!


And I wore it curly and long for a while. Then I let a lady that had never cut my hair cut my hair. I wanted her to layer it so the curls would lay right. Instead she just butchered it. I tried to let it grow out a little before I went and had it fixed. It was bad. At that point the only thing left to do was to cut it up to the shortest layer. So I did! I had 10 inches cut off and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I figured if I MUST cut it then I might as well make it worth it and cut off enough to donate.


and here it is short

I had to wear it straight while it was short. It just wouldn't curl right while it was short. I think my hair has just quit on me. It's like it doesn't know what to do or how to lay. It hates me and I hate it. So at least we have a mutual agreement. So now it's grown out a little and I have started wearing it curly again
Do you see the problem? (no I am not pregnant, it's just the dress. ha!) It's a frizz ball. It's absolutely terrible! I don't know how to fix it. I have tried every technique I can think of. I have Googled it. I don't towel dry it I dry it with a t- shirt when I get of the shower. I use Catwalk curl amplifier. I dry it upside down. I NEVER put the dryer on top of my head. What else can I do? I don't like to wear it straight because it's coarse and even frizzier. I am out options on what to do. I am currently looking for a hairdresser that knows how to cut curly hair and that can give me some tips. When you have curly hair you can't just let anybody cut it. They have to know what they're doing and they have to understand how curly hair works. I have to yet to figure it out myself. I have not had it cut since I had it chopped off. I am embarrassed to tell you that but I have wanted it to grow so fast that I couldn't stand letting a pair of scissors near it. So if anybody knows of anyone in the area that cuts hair and has experience with curls please let me know. Also if you have any tips on how to fix my curly hair please share. I'm desperate!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm impressed w/such a long post. thanks for the ad!!!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Jessica Youngblood. She is the only one that can cut my curly mess. I have yet to have a bad cut. Now, color is another story. I learned not to say surprise me! Oh, she isnt at Danny Ratliffs anymore either. She done gone and got her own diggs. HA!

    ReplyDelete