Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tanning Bed

Every year before Easter rolls around I have already gotten my summer tan. Until this year! I have vowed to stay out of the tanning bed. I'm not really sure why I have made that decision. I know it's not very healthy and safe to go lie your body down on burning hot bulbs but I don't think that's really the reason. Because I don't live in the city anymore there's not a tanning booth at every corner. Yes we do have a salon in cowdad that does have a tanning bed but it is expensive and you have to make an appointment and they're not open til 9 p.m. which creates a problem for me. So this year at Easter I had booty white legs and I showed them. Please don't gasp all the air out of the room. I know it's horrible but I had to because I found a really cute dress that was comfortable, I could wear it to work AND I didn't have to worry about a bloating tummy.
Then Auntie bee bops into town and she's darker than she's ever been. I wanted to cry. I nicely cursed her (not real curse words of course). But the more I looked at her I realized what the tanning bed does to your skin. It gives you dark brown spots on your face. I can say that about Auntie because... well she's my sista and I made fun of her all weekend about her new dark spots. Besides she wouldn't know how to act if I didn't make fun of her.
So I found myself being very content with my decision. But I must honestly say if I still lived in the city I probably would of had a tan this year as well. Aaron always says the sunshine is free. It is, I know, but it takes a lot longer and the tan isn't even all over. But I'm content, remember!



auntie and her dark self



more Easter pictures.....

the girls



Shel and Tan man

1 comment:

  1. i don't even know what to say......other than I HAVE A NICE TAN!!! :-) so you be content and leave my spotted face alone!! HA!!!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete