Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had a really fun day despite the weather. We went to church in T-town with my family and even made it on time. In fact we were about 10 minutes EARLY!! That just never happens in our household. Aaron really likes to be on time but Shel and I just can't get it together most of the time. Anyway, it was really nice and mom cooked a great lunch. We all ate way too much (except for my sister of course). She did eat 3 pieces of cake though. We did an Easter egg scavenger hunt in the house for the kids. They had a good time and once they found them all we had to re hide them so they could do it again. We then left T-town and headed back for cowdad so Shel could get her Easter basket from Aaron's mom and dad(Mimi & Poppy). They got her a pink OU Sooners shirt! And she loved it! And of course she got a little bit of candy and money for her New York fund. After we left there we headed back towards T-town and met my dad half way so Shel could spend the night. Auntie and Tanner are in town til Wed. because Tan man is on Spring Break. Dad is on vacation so he is able to take Shel to school. He will going BACK to DeKalb to pick her up a little early this afternoon so she can stay another night with them. Uh, can you say SPOILED ROTTEN?! All Shel has to do is think it and my dad is on it. She has definitely got her Poppa's heart in the palm of her hands.
We had a bad storm last night that dropped quite a bit of hail. I was freakin out! It was my first hail storm in DeKalb. The reason it was so bad is because when Aaron built our house (B.C.=Before Corrie) he put a metal roof on it. Have you ever been in a hail storm while under a metal roof? Well let me just tell ya it aint' fun!! It was so loud. I thought the roof was going to cave in. It finally stopped and then A-daddy and I went to check horses and dogs and cows. Mind you this was at 2a.m. So we had an interesting night to say the least. I was thankful that Shel had conned her Poppa into spending the night with them because she is TERRIFIED of storms. She freaks when it thunders. I'm afraid this would have done her in. She probably would have had a true heart attack. I'm serious! It's so sad that she is that afraid of storms.

We had a long night Friday. Birthday details and pictures tomorrow. I'm still pondering all the details.



Hope everyone had a great weekend.


My Family
Left to Right: Heath (my bro-in-law a.k.a. Unkle), Tiffany(my older sister, a.k.a. Auntie), Teresa(my mom a.k.a Nana), Ricky Jack (my dad a.k.a. Poppa), Corrie (me a.k.a. Coco),
Aaron ( my hubby a.k.a. A-daddy) Tanner (my bad nephew a.k.a Tan man), Shelby( my sweet baby girl a.k.a. Shel or Lucy)

P.S. Aaron forgot the rule about not changing clothes until after pictures are taken. So excuse his Easter attire. And I'm not sure if he truly forgot or if he thought that would get him out of taking pictures. Better luck next time cowboy!

1 comment: