Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday Party

I had planned for Shel's birthday party(slumber party) for Friday the 17th on into the 18th which is her actual birthday. And then we had a scrimmage game last Friday and was informed we were having a tournament on the 18th. Soooo her party got moved up to this weekend. Yes I know it's Easter weekend BUT I had no choice. I will have help this weekend. Auntie is coming home for Easter weekend and my mom will be available. So invitations have been sent and the plans are being made. Auntie is making the cutest banner for the party. She found one on Etsy and decided to make it. Then we found a tutorial on Nannygoat's blog.

Hers of course will say Happy Birthday. Isn't it cute? Yea I thought so too.
I'm attempting to make this Rainbow Cake. Found it on Hostess With the Mostess Blog

Did you catch that? I'm ATTEMPTING to make this cake. It LOOKS really simple and there are in depth directions for it. BUT I am NOT a baker in the least little bit. I'm going to try and that's all that counts.
My mother is going to make these cake pops from Bakerella's blog.
Or I might talk her into doing something a little easier. Like these marshmallow pops that GraceViolet made on her blog.
We're also going to make a craft. But the only problem is I haven't really decided on what I want to make. Or better yet, what the girls are going to make. The party will not begin until after softball practice is over which is normally around 8:30p.m. So there will not be a lot of time for the girls to play outside. When they get there Friday evening we will go on a hayride and have a weiner roast, cake (if it's edible) and ice cream. Then they will be off to do their own thing for the evening. So I need some kind of a craft for Saturday morning. This will also be their party favor.
In the end I hope my pictures will turn out as good as the ones I've posted. We are out of school on Friday. Yeah!!! This helps tremendously when planning a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment