Monday, February 9, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

It was an eventful weekend around the farm. To start off, Shelby had a friend spend the night on Friday. They had the best time. They spent all weekend outside. Our neighbor has a golden retriever that comes to play when kids are outside. We haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. The last time he came was when Tanner was visiting. We haven't seen him since. Until Friday afternoon when the girls were out playing. Then "Buddy" appeared. We don't know the dog's real name. Shel and Tanner named him. The funny thing is when he was at our house the first time the kids played fetch with him. They just used a stick out of the yard and he pretty much had nothing left by the time he went home that night. So when "Buddy" came Friday afternoon he brought his own ball. The girls threw that thang a million times. He layed on the porch for about 10 mins. after we made the girls come in for the night. Then he picked up his ball and went home. Saturday morning the girls were back outside by 8 a.m. And "Buddy" was there by 8:15 a.m. with his ball in mouth. They played so hard and Shelby was exhausted that night. She slept really well.
Aaron had a buddy come in from Dallas Friday night. It was the Fire Dept. Crow Hunt this weekend. Yes, they hunted crows. It was $40.00 for a 3 man team. Half of the money went straight toward the Fire Dept. and the other half went to the pot for the winners. They raised $1200.00. Yeah! The guys were happy with that. The winning team was Cowboy Bryce's team. They had 93 crows. The loosing team was A-daddy's team . They had...........4 crows. They were bummed but had such a good time they didn't really care. A-daddy's team consisted of Zach (from Dallas) and Clint. I didn't have the camera available this weekend because I spent the entire weekend in the kitchen. But, there was a great moment for a picture. Aaron said he purposefully didn't stop at the house when he, Zach and Clint were ALL 3 on the 4-wheeler TOGETHER! He said he knew I would of ran for the camera and they didn't have any time to waste, especially on a picture. I guess he had to get out there and find all 4 of those crows. So, you'll just have to make your own mental picture of the 3 grown, big men on the 4-wheeler. I watched them out the window and almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard.
And for the biggest news of all.....I'm in love , again! Except this time it's with my new purse. Zach came for the weekend and brought the best gift of all. I got a COACH purse. Well, it's Lauren's (Zach's fiance) old one. When we went to the PBR a couple of weekends ago we stayed with Zach and we were talking about purses. I was whining because I wanted a COACH and couldn't have one. So Zach suprised me with a hand me down. Which is totally fine with me. I am so thankful for good friends especially good friends who have really nice things. So thank you Lauren and Zach for my new COACH purse. I love it more than anything. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow or later today.
Yesterday we drug our tired selves out of bed and made it church on time. That never happens! We had a really good service. Bro. Walter had a lady in our church paint Goliath on a long canvas flag like thing. It was amazing. She did a wonderful job and it was so life like. It stood 10 ft. high and Goliath was standing 9 ft 9 in. tall. It was almost breath taking to see how big he actually was. So obviously the sermon was on David and Goliath. But in a way that I had never heard. The sermon was titled "Facing Your Giants". He asked us who or what our giant is? He reminded us that we all have lions and bears stories like David. When something goes wrong or we have a situation we're unsure of, we know that we are going to be taken care of just like David was when he fought the lions and bears. We've all fought different lions and bears but in the end we've all seen God's hand at work. Anyway I can't explain it like he did but if you're interested you can go and hear the whole sermon,
http://www.fbcdekalb.com/ scroll down and find where it says Bro. Walter's Sermons Online. It will be worth your time. I really needed to hear this yesterday as Aaron and I struggle with a situation in our lives. I have to come to realize that no matter the outcome God has His hand in it and for some reason that I may never know, we just might get told no. It may mean that there's a yes down the road if we are lead to the right person but I have to stay open minded to whatever the outcome is. I have committed to do that, but it doesn't make it any easier. But I have lions and bears stories from when I went through my divorce. I fought hard with them! And God carried me then why should I even question whether He's gonna carry me now.
Well, I wish had pictures from the weekend but like I said I was in the kitchen the entire time. I did PW's quesadilla's Friday night and they were wonderful! Then I made breakfast, lunch and dinner Saturday. I got finished with one meal, cleaned up the mess and started the next meal. I'm not usually in the kitchen for very long - ever. I did enjoy taking care of my little family and all our friends. Have a good Monday. Look for pictures of the new COACH coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment