Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Learning

I think I need to confess something.... I don't know how to be an adult and have so many responsibilities. For the last couple of weeks I feel as if I'm drowning in the world. I'm so overwhelmed at the business of life.
Shel was home sick Monday. I absolutely could not take off work due to the TAKS test coming up on Tuesday. So my dear mother in law offered to keep her for us. So after I got off work I headed to T-town to meet Shelby and her bio father at the doctor. He came and picked Shel up from DeKalb after he got off work. The doctor believes she has severe allergies. She put her on a couple of medications for the next 2 weeks and then we'll go back and have her tested to find out exactly what it is that she's allergic to. The baby has been so sick here lately. It seems like she has kept a cough since December. Glad to finally be close to a diagnosis.
I can't keep up with my laundry and the housework. It's consuming my life. Mostly that's my fault. I say that because I don't ask for help from my family. Shel isn't home enough as it is and I just hate for her to do housework when she is home. Now... she does clean her own room. But that's it. Should my almost 9 yr. old really have more responsibilities other than her room? I don't know. That's where I struggle.
Aaron just doesn't have time to help because he's always outside doing something with the animals or fixing something. And when he gets finished and comes in he's exhausted from a very long day. His day begins at 4:45 a.m. Poor man!! I would be ready for a nap by 8 a.m. if I got up that early.
Here's my schedule..... go to the grocery store on Monday. Come home put groceries away and start dinner. On Tuesday we catch up on things that need to be done (like cleaning up Monday's dinner dishes if I didn't get to it). Wednesday we go to church. Thursday is dance. Friday is I'm so tired from the things that went on from Mon.- Thurs. I don't care if you go play in the street. Well we don't really have a street. We do you just have to walk half a mile down the driveway to get to it. I really just come in and do nothing but play or sit with Shelby. After all I haven't really seen her all week. Saturday we do outside chores or run errands and sometimes I stay in and try to catch up on laundry. But I don't like to do that because I am an outside person and Aaron and Shel are outside. I don't want to be stuck inside - by myself. I've tried to make a deal with Aaron that I would keep up with the outside if he'd do the inside. Hasn't worked yet. Probably a good thing cause we'd never have clean underwear.
So I need a routine in my life. I need to learn how to be a grown up and manage all these things a little better. OK a A LOT better. Because sometimes it would be nice to sit on the couch that didn't have laundry all over it. Help me!!
P.S. I need to hire a housekeeper. Don't you think? Tried to make that deal with Aaron also. Hasn't worked yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment