Sunday, February 1, 2009

Preparing for the Miss DeKalb Pageant






This morning it's just me and the computer. Aaron and Shelby have left for church so I'm all alone and loving the quiteness of the house. I am not attending this morning because over half of DeKalb goes to our church and my immune system isn't cooperating very well. So, I'm home sick. I got up to get ready and start coughing really bad. You know that really annoying cough that drives those around you CRAZY! I kept going, though. Aaron quickly told me I wasn't going anywhere today. He said"you aren't allowed out of this bed today". And I laughed but he didn't . So I agreed to rest for most of the day. But, I have a little guilt over it because I didn't feel well yesterday either but somehow I managed to get some great pageant pictures of Shelby and to spend the day shopping with my friend Keri Barrett and her 2 daughter's Kandle and Kassidy. Not to mention that I really need to get some housework done since I was gone all day yesterday. But in my defense I don't think I was as sick yesterday as I am today. We do have pageant orientation today at 2:00. This morning as Aaron was giving me my instructions to stay in bed I reminded him about the meeting and he told me he would go and take Shelby. Well, Shel just happened to walk in our room at the time and as serious and smart mouth yet so sincere and concerned she said"uh, I don't think so. Momma please take me. If A-daddy has to take me I just won't go and won't do the pageant." It was so funny. Don't get me wrong Aaron and Shel are best buds just not when it comes to girl stuff. She later told me she was worried about Aaron embarrasing her. I totally understood. Aaron is the type of guy that really doesn't understand girl stuff and would say something about how much everything costs or disagree about something or have a better idea ...out loud, in the middle of the meeting. That's why we love him so much cause he's so crazy. So, yesterday we took pictures for the judges sheet and most photogenic. We had alot of fun at first but Shel got restless and bored after awhile. Keri, Kandle, and Kassidy were great cheerleaders and were such a tremendous help to me. Since this is our first pageant I really have no clue what I'm doing. But, I am being schooled on pageants. Shel and I both are enjoying preparing for it. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. those are really good pictures. i love the one in the scarf and hat...too cute!!! did you take them w/your camera? they look really good!!!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby is so darling. Just love all the pictures. I think she will win, hands down!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete