Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silly Girl

Hope everyone is having a good day. Today has been VERY long. We had a teacher luncheon so we've been munching all day. I'm on sugar overload and crashing fast. The kids are out tomorrow but we have in service. YUCK!!! So tomorrow will be even longer. But we're off Monday. YAY!! I've been reading a blog about different ways to fix little girls hair. This mom can turn a head of hair into a work of art. It's unbelievable. I'm not sure which is more unbelievable that this mom has so much talent with hair or that her daughter sits there long enough for this mom to make her masterpiece on top of her head. Anyway, I was showing all the different hairstyles to Shel last night and she decided that she wanted me to braid her hair and leave them in till this morning so her hair would be curly. I despise that look because yes the top of the head is curly and cute but the last 3-4 inches of the hair is straight and UGLY! But, I did it anyway. This is Shel before bed.


Now this next picture is Shel when she got up this morning. She literally walked from the bed to the living room so excuse the swollen face. And just so you know (Auntie) she did not go to school with her like this. It was terrible!
We fixed it so that you couldn't see all the parts in it. She LOVED it and thought it was beautiful. I didn't tell her how ridiculous she looked. I just told her we needed to put it up so the curls would last all day. I just couldn't bring myself to hurt her feelings. Can't wait to hear what all her friends thought about it. And can't wait to wash it out tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm more shocked to see her so bright eyed and smiling in the a.m. WOW...that hair!!! Don't they make a gadget that does that...think we had one of those back in the 80's. What happened to the dishtowel do??? As long as she likes it...i guess! Did she wear a big cute bow???? Auntie

    ReplyDelete