Friday, March 27, 2009

Just wondering

Last night as we were laying in bed I wondered if there were other wives out there that had to endure TV shows like Top Gear, Dirtiest Jobs, Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers? When A-daddy comes in for the night he always gets the remote and finds some dumb man show. I am normally doing something else so I don't have to endure it ( at that time). But then when it's bed time and we're both watching the TV he again resumes to the man shows. And I always always ask that we watch something that we both agree on. His answer is always" we would if you weren't going to be asleep in 2.4 seconds". He is right about that, I do fall asleep rather quickly. But that's beside the point. For those 2.4 seconds I am awake I'd like to watch something that has absolutely nothing to do with men trying to show off their masculinity. Sad to say I think I will always loose at the choice to watch something we both agree on. Do you watch those shows also? If so, I am soooo sorry!


Shel hasn't been to her bio dad's this week because she just wanted to hang out at home. We were away from home a lot over Spring Break. But tonight she has been invited to a slumber party. So Aaron and I will be alone. I should be excited about being alone with my husband and I am and all BUT the issue is that this is her first slumber party in DeKalb( I know the child's parents so don't freak out about me letting my baby go to a complete strangers house for a sleepover). And the weather forecast is calling for storms. So basically what I'm saying is that mommy is having a little of an attachment issue. I had gotten so used to her being with me every day that it's hard to let her go. Whether it's to a friend's house or to her bio dad's house. I am excited for her though cause she has been looking so forward to the party. So I have to be strong and not let her see my emotions. I will be fine and she will be fine but I just love my baby so much. After all she's the only one I got. Which makes me tend to baby her a little too much. I know lots of friends and my husband would agree to that. But there just not Shelby's mommy. And I can handle it. Besides if you got to look at this face everyday would you want it to go somewhere else? Didn't think so!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment