Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meet Pancake


She is a red roan horse. And she's beautiful. Her name is Pancake because she has feet as flat as a pancake. The reason I'm introducing you to her today is because I'm exhausted. See I have this amazing husband who acts like her.

When you ride Pancake for a while and she gets hot and sweaty the first thing she does when you unsaddle her and set her free in the pasture is ....ROLL!! And well she's kind of a big girl and so when she gets on the ground and tries to go from one side to the other it's sort of a chore for her. She has to work really hard to roll over. It's quite sad to watch from a distance. There are times I want to go out in the pasture and help her get over. But she eventually gets the oomph to get to the other side.

Last night I had JUST drifted off to sleep when Aaron decided he wasn't comfortable. So the drama began. He couldn't just calmly, quietly, respectfully, normally roll over. Oh no! He had to pretend he was Pancake trying to get from one side to the other. So of course he woke me up because he didn't calmy, quietly, respectfully, normally just roll over. But when I woke up I didn't feel a bit sorry for him like I do the mare. I was angry. Very angry! I was tired. So I hollered at him "woh mare"!!!!! That's what he says to her when he is on her back and she tries to do something that she shouldn't. Which is quite often. She tends to have a mind of her own. She's kind of cranky sometimes too. We get along so well!

Do you think A-daddy cared that he woke me up? Well, no. Do you think A-daddy thought he was amusing in his sleeping habits? Well, yea. I told him that if he continued to act like a horse then he and Pancake could be closer than ever before. They could sleep in the pasture-together!

I have to admit that it was quite comical with the drama and all. We had a good laugh and went back to sleep happily ever after.

1 comment: