Thursday, May 7, 2009

My House

So I'm hosting a baby shower at my house the first weekend in June and there's a lot that has to be done before that time comes. Right now I am in search of a summer wreath for my front door. I found this one and LOVE it...

but my door is green and I'm not real sure how it will look. I'm afraid it won't pop like this one. I love the monogram on it. That's really what I'm in search of. Got any ideas??

I'm am also starting to put flowers in my beds. My sis sent this pic of her front porch. I have lots of ideas, I just have to put them to use.
Her pot is monogrammed. How cute. She painted the terra cotta pots black and then painted her initial with lime green paint. Her theme colors are lime green, black and pink. She's just a little OCD!
And isn't this cute she just put a small green plant in a bucket and with a paint pen wrote an "L" on it. Then hung it on a planter hanger.

I went to Lowe's the other day and they were having a buy one get one free sale on some of their flowers. So I had at it. I got all my flowers for $0.75! What a deal, huh? I was thrilled to get in on the sale. I had to do a little persuading when it came to pay because they argued with me about the sale being over but I checked before I started shopping. So 30 minutes later I walked away with 75 cent flowers. I plan to put them in the ground and in my pots if the rain will hold off just a few more hours.

Also, my beautiful church bench will get a new coat of black paint. There's lots going on at my house this week and I will post more pics as soon as I charge my camera battery. I also got a new headboard. It's nothing like what you think so don't expect a new beautiful extravagant piece of furniture. I will show you tomorrow. Just a clue: it's an old barn gate! I love it!

I got an email from a dear friend the other day and I plan to share a piece of it everyday until Mother's Day. I did not write this email and neither did she. In fact I don't even know who did but it's really good and it's what ALL moms to be doing for their children.

Be a mom who loves God.
1 John 4:19 "We love, because God first loved us" (NCV).
We are incapable of loving our children like they were meant to be loved until we first love God! Motherhood at its best demands a thriving partnership with God! We cannot give unconditional love until we have experienced unconditional love! And God is the only source of that kind of love! We can do everything else right as a parent but if we don't begin with loving God - we will fail!

This is just the first part of the email and it gets better so check back everyday to see what tomorrow holds.



1 comment:

  1. little persuading...aka 'went coco on them'
    can't wait to see the headboard!!!!

    auntie

    ReplyDelete