Friday, May 1, 2009

It's been a while

I know I haven't posted in a week but I'll tell you why. TAKS TEST!!! Does that make anyone get up and run to the bathroom and violently throw up all your food that you've eaten in the last 24 hours??? Well, it does me. It has been a VERY long week to say the least. And even longer for the kids. All the testing is done for the year. All we have left is the re-testing of some of the students who may have not done so well on the first test. Glad it's over and done with for the most part.

We had a great time in Okalahoma last weekend. The MS Walk was a huge success. There were1,740 people that walked and they raised over $119,000.00 and money is still coming in. Isn't that wonderful? I took lots of pictures at the zoo and I will share just a few of them with you.






This past weekend was a little - a lot hectic due to the severe weather in our area. Luckily we came out with no damage and no tornadoes touching down. I went on storm watch with Aaron. It was very interesting sitting in the truck watching the sky for rotation. I kept asking my wonderful husband what we're going to do if we do see something. He calmly said we would just get out of the way. Like it was no big deal. Have I lost my mind??? Shelby was in T-town with my mom and dad and I was NOT staying home by myself! So the only option I had was to go with him. I have to admit I felt rather safe with him. I just really wanted my baby girl with me in the midst of the drama.

This week has been really busy as well as last week. So I hope to bring more news later. Have a great day.

P.S. Sunday was National Infertility Survival Day. Recognize all the women who have survived the loss of a child and the women who will never know what it's like to be called "mommy". As Mother's Day approaches try to be courteous to those women. But don't ignore them either.

No comments:

Post a Comment